Thursday 7 January 2016

Interactivity in Retail



Interactive kiosks and point-of-sale (POS) systems are forever changing the way we as consumers shop. I remember as a child, if I needed something, I would physically have to go to the high street, pick what I wanted, take it myself to the till, pay and then carry it home myself.

Then in the early 2000’s internet shopping was introduced. A form of shopping which allowed people to look through all of their favourite retail, food and electronic shops from the comfort of their home. Although this style of shopping saved people from joining the hustle and bustle of busy shopping malls at peak times, the physical element was lost, and novelties such as trying out goods, using changing rooms and getting to touch and feel a particular product were lost.

You can read the full article from our Product Manager Brendan O'Reilly on page 30 of Screenmedia here.  






Find us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Follow us on LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment